City & Guilds Level 2 7863-02
Guided learning hours 183.
Prerequisite to Level 3 7863-03
Units included within this qualification cover:
- Assess behaviour, identify breed, lift and move using relevant restraints and handling.
- Basic health check, identify key anatomical points, type of coat and prepare dog for bathing.
- Bathing, drying, nail and ear care.
- Trimming to prepare for styling
- Cleaning the salon and equipment
- 1 x online multiple choice exam (60 minutes) - taken on site at the end of the course
There will also be written assignments and worksheets to complete to help you research and revise for the theory side of the qualification. These are to be completed both on-site and as part of documented guided home study until the required guided learning hours are met.